Mary Meyer has a Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAPP) for all Baby Mats, Taggies Signature Collection, WubbaNub, and Lulujo products we sell. If you are a Mary Meyer retailer and you sell these items, please read the following updated letter regarding our MAPP.
March 13, 2018
Dear Valued Mary Meyer Customer,
Mary Meyer Corporation is the exclusive licensee of:
- Sophie la girafe® Toys & Baby Mat.
- Bestever Baby Mats.
- Taggies Signature Collection.
- Taggies Baby Mats.
- WubbaNub Pacifier Toys.
Also, Mary Meyer is the exclusive distributor of Lulujo, Inc. products in the United States.
All of our marketing efforts have been aimed at highlighting quality and design. We do not promote price over quality and we do not encourage retailers to do so in their advertising or pricing.
In an effort to address disparities in advertised retail pricing, Mary Meyer Corporation (hereinafter MMC) has established a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy for the five licensed brands list above as well as all Lulujo, Inc. products. The MAP for the following brands is:
- Sophie la girafe (no more than 15% off current keystone pricing).
- Bestever Baby Mats (MAP price $42.50).
- Taggies Signature Collection (no more than 15% off current keystone pricing). See below for further explanation.
- Taggies Baby Mats (MAP price $46.75).
- Mary Meyer WubbaNubs (MAP price $14.88).
- Lulujo products sold in the USA (no more than 15% off current keystone pricing).
See below for further explanation.
Mary Meyer operates in compliance with USA laws governing these practices. This policy will be applied unilaterally to all Mary Meyer retailers, including e-commerce, mail order, and catalog companies.
Minimum Advertised Price Policy
- The MAP for all products listed above will be no lower than 15% off current keystone pricing: For example, Cutsie Caterpillar WubbaNub ($17.50 minus 15% = $14.88) and Cotton Muslin Swaddling Blankets ($16.00 minus 15% = $13.60). Keystone pricing is defined as double the wholesale price as published in Mary Meyer and Lulujo wholesale catalogs and any official supplements.
- Advertising includes, but is not limited to, newspaper and print, promotional mailers, coupons, direct response, online, e-blasts, web sites, and all other electronic media. The MAP policy does not apply to in-store advertising.
- Prices displayed online are considered “advertised price” and therefore are subject to our MAP policy. On an ecommerce website, all prices including “click for price” and preformatted email responses are understood to be initiated by the seller and are considered advertising under this MAP policy.
- Advertising “the lowest prices” or “we’ll match any competitor’s prices” is not a violation of this MAP policy.
- MAP only applies to advertised prices. Within its walls, or on the phone, a store is free to sell Mary Meyer and Lulujo products at any price they choose
- MMC reserves the right to modify or suspend this MAP policy with respect to certain Mary Meyer and Lulujo products that we put on a closeout list. If and when this list exists, it will be posted on marymeyer.com and found in the wholesale tab.
- MMC will monitor our dealers for compliance either directly or through third parties.
- In the event that MMC determines a non-compliance with this policy, the offending party will be contacted by MMC. Any additional breach will result in Mary Meyer or Lulujo products no longer being shipped to that account.
- No MMC sales representative has the authority to modify or grant exceptions to this policy. The MAP administrator has the sole responsibility of determining if a breach has occurred and what the consequences will be.
- Advertising Mary Meyer and Lulujo products as part of a discounted package of several items (MMC items or other manufacturers) that has the effect of the Mary Meyer and Lulujo products being advertised below MAP pricing will be in violation of this MAP policy.
We believe this policy enhances and protects the status of the above brands and all the retailers who sell them. It is our goal at MMC to support our retailers so they can invest confidently in these outstanding products.
Thank you for your understanding in this important matter. We look forward to many seasons of prosperous selling. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org